At its meeting today, the RBA decided to maintain the current policy setting. Official interest rates remain at the record low of 0.10% pa.
Spring renovation ideas
It’s spring and a good time to make some improvements at home. It is, after all, your biggest asset. Whether as small as a garden or as large as building a new room, it’s a great time to tackle projects that will add value to your home.
There are many ways to do this. Why not add one of these to your to-do list:
- Repave your driveway. It’s a good spring project because asphalt needs the right combination of temperature and moisture to set.
- Revamp your deck. You’ll be using it a lot over the summer.
- Create an outdoor seating area. Great for Christmas entertaining.
- Change your interior colour. Nothing freshens up a room like a new paint job.
- Rework your storage. Getting rid of clutter will open up your home. Consider a new cabinet, under stairs storage or even building a storage shed.
- Revarnish outdoor woodwork. Sand back the wood, then give it a good high-pressure wash first.
What’s your project?
When figuring out what to do next to your home, it’s always wise to consider a cost vs. the potential return. However, if it allows you to enjoy your surroundings more, it’s always a good use of your time and money, no matter what.
If you have any questions regarding your mortgage, please feel free to give us a call.